Waste disposal has become such an important matter of consideration for households, regardless of size. Making sure that waste products are properly disposed is important both for maintaining sanitation inside homes and for keeping the environment clean.
An important component of home waste management is the garbage disposal unit. This device is responsible for grinding up wastes that go into sinks so that they can easily pass into septic tanks or water treatment facilities. If you want to have a new garbage disposal unit or an existing one is in need of repairs, Diamondback Plumbing in Sedona can provide you with the help that you need.
We have a well known reputation as the professional plumber and have had great success due to our return customers that keep using and coming back to Diamondback Plumbing. They know they can trust us due to having a solid reputation and a well known name in the plumbing industry serving Arizona for over 20 years.
Garbage Disposal Repair
While they are designed to run under various conditions, garbage disposal units can get damaged for numerous reasons. Wear and tear on the device’s moving parts can eventually lead to the decline of performance or even the total shutdown of the entire unit. Also, improper use can lead to damage to several parts of this machine. Lastly, accidental introduction of certain items (ex.: kitchen utensils) can cause damage to garbage disposal units.
Some people want to do DIY repairs for their garbage disposals. While there is nothing wrong with this approach if done correctly, there is always the risk that you can do it wrong. Not only can this approach potentially cause more damage to your device, but it can also cause injuries due to accidents. The best approach to these garbage disposal problems is to have a qualified professional check your unit.
If you are in need of garbage disposal repair, the dedicated Sedona team of Diamondback Plumbing is here for you. We have the knowledge and equipment needed to get your garbage disposal unit back to full functionality.
Garbage Disposal Installation
Getting a garbage disposal unit for your home can greatly improve your waste management system. The technologies used in these devices are still improving, making them more efficient and environmentally friendly than ever before. However, installing these devices is more complicated than you think, as it will require you to make some modifications to your plumbing system. If you are looking to have one of these units installed at your home, you should call our local Sedona plumbing team.
As one of Sedona’s leading institutions when it comes to plumbing, Diamondback Plumbing knows exactly what it takes to get a garbage disposal unit up and running. Our team has vast experience in installing these units, capable of working with various machine brands and sewer setups. We make sure that the installation is done the right way. We cover everything from assessing the right unit capacity for your home to properly hooking up the device. We have been servicing the Arizona region for over 2 decades and we warranty all our work.
Garbage Disposal Tips
Installing a garbage disposal unit in your kitchen will help you a lot in managing your household wastes. One of the keys to maintaining optimal performance and durability of these devices is learning how to use them properly. Here are some maintenance and care tips that you can use if you own a garbage disposal machine.
- Use it regularly – A garbage disposal is a machine that can actually benefit from regular use. This is because when not used regularly, its moving parts can become prone to corrosion. Even if you don’t have waste products to be processed, you should periodically give your machine a test run to keep it in tip-top shape.
- Cut items into smaller pieces – You can make your garbage disposal last longer by cutting food into small items before placing them into the machine. This can lessen the strain exerted to your machine plus it significantly reduces the risk of clogging and jamming.
- Be mindful of what you dispose in it – There are some specific items that should never be thrown into a garbage disposal unit. Do not dispose oil or grease as they can cause clogs in the unit. Potato peels are also not advised for disposal as they can cling into the sides. Lastly, hard items such as large bones, seeds, plastic, or metal can jam or break the blades.
- Follow regular maintenance schedule – Regular cleaning and maintenance is one of the best ways to keep your garbage disposal in top shape. While you can do some maintenance and cleaning techniques yourself, a regular professional checkup and maintenance can greatly help. Diamondback Plumbing provides high-quality garbage disposal maintenance at an affordable price.
- Blade Sharpening – You can take a cup of ice and put it down the disposal and run the disposal so the ice is fully chopped up. The ice can help sharpen the blades for your garbage disposal.
- Minimize Smell – To help minimize the smell from your garbage disposal you should run the water on cold when you are using it. You can also chop up some citrus fruit like lemons or oranges and put them down the disposal. The citrus acid can help eliminate bad odors coming from your disposal. (Remember to remove any seeds as these can be hard on the unit)
If you need quality repair or installation from a plumber you can trust in Sedona, AZ, call Diamondback Plumbing at (928) 774-0594 today for immediate garbage disposal assistance.